I started a total do-over for my genealogy database last January. And by total, I mean total. I switched from using Family Tree Maker to Legacy Family Tree, and instead of importing my old tree from FTM, I opted to start fresh. I’m re-entering every single item by hand, and re-researching everyone and everything as I go.
This is not a sprint race. I occasionally look at my file properties, to see what sort of progress I’m making. It seems like the number of individuals only barely creeps upward, but on the other hand, everything is well researched. I have an average of 4.8 citations for each person, so what I’ve got is solid. That makes me happy.