These came from another coworker. I was surprised that she dug up plants that were flowering, but it doesn’t seem to have bothered them. The flower heads were a little bent over, the first day, but on the second, the stalks had straightened up. They seem happy.
I also got some liatris from the same coworker. They look like they’re forming bloom spikes, so there should be some purple in that corner of the garden before too long.
In crankypantsing news:
1. Still no progress on the WordPress upgrade. Tech support was supposedly going to import a back-up of my live database into the test database. It’s over the do-it-yourself size limit, so they have to upload it on their end. That was two days ago.
2. Mr. Upstairs has been coming back in the middle of the night to clean. This means being wakened at 2am to thumpings and bumpings and carpet shampooers, oh my! I really hope he’ll be finished soon, because the lack of sleep is quickly losing its charm.
3. The gunshots last week? Remember the Stompy Girls? The woman living below them complained about the stomping and the late night fighting. One girl moved out, and the other moved into a ground floor unit at the other end of the building, with her abusive boyfriend. Well, apparently the gunshots came from her apartment. The theory is that she and her boyfriend were fighting and one of them pulled a gun and started shooting. Nice!
4. My kitchen sink is leaking. This is not completely unexpected, since the plumber told me to keep an eye out for leaks. Only, this was more like a flood than a leak. It looks like I’m going to be spending time at home again tomorrow, babysitting maintenance people.
5. Oh ich! Seriously. The little pleco I got, to clean my aquarium? He looked healthy enough, but he wasn’t. I should have quarantined him for a few days, but I didn’t have a good way to do so. I noticed last night that my goldfish were sprinkled with sparkly white spots. Not good!
I picked up some ich medication after work. Hopefully I caught it in time, because it’s deadly. Poor fish. I feel awful. It’s silly to get attached to goldfish, but what can I say? On the bright side, I’ve now done a lot of research and know how to preempt an ich infection.
6. In researching ich treatments, I ran across something called “hole in the head disease.” I am not making that up.