I found a really ugly painting at Goodwill. The stretcher was nice, though, so I bought it with the intention of recycling it. I removed the loose strings and primed the canvas with gesso, before painting.
I used spacers so there would be room to add collage work without stressing the binding. Some people like fat books that won’t close, but I’m not one of those people.
Tacket binding using a recycled encyclopedia cover. I’m planning on doing more of these, using the same encyclopedia set.
I also spent the weekend sorting photos and getting a start on putting them into albums. Just when I thought I was finished sorting, I found another box of photos. And then I realized I’m still missing a stash, but I have no idea where they are.
There are finally a few things blooming in my garden. I think this may be it for the summer, though, because literally nothing else is growing. Everything I planted from seed came up, then… Nothing… Two months later, they’re still all tiny little seedlings. I have no idea why they’re stunted, but this year was not a good garden year.
I finished the found photo paint sketch project I started a couple of weeks ago. I got a really nice hard-bound scrapbook at Goodwill, as well as an old magnetic photo album full of someone’s vacation photos from Hawaii.
I separated out the seascapes and landscapes and did paint sketches from them in the scrapbook, using gouache and watercolor. There are 29 paint sketches in all.
Now I can spend tomorrow playing with collage.